Sunday, August 25, 2013

First post from T. G.

Loyal internet followers,
     Welcome!  I have been conspicuously absent from posting and for that I apologize.  I would like to attribute it all to inprocessing and working, but, to be honest, I didn't want to add any negative comments about our situation while there was still hope for improvement.  I feel I would have been too bleak about our living space and you would have got the wrong impression about how much I like it here.  However, now everything is looking up.  We will be moving into our new apartment by week's end.  Just outside our new building, there is a small market with fresh fruits and vegetables, live seafood, and other local fare.  Since we took a cooking class yesterday, we are excited to try our new skills out in the kitchen.  We learned bulgogi and kimchi yesterday.  I learned from our class that families make a year's worth of kimchi over two days and then eat it throughout the year.  Apparently, our instructor's favorite was 3-year-old kimchi.  They have a special kimchi refrigerator that they stock it in.  Weird.
     For my birthday today, we started it off with a Batman smoothie from Jamba Juice.  It was a combination of blueberry and banana, with a protein boost.  We then headed up to North Seoul Tower, which is the equivalent of Seattle's Space Needle.  Oddly enough, it is located in the geographical center of Seoul.  For those who are wondering, there is not a South Seoul Tower.  The tower is located in a huge Central Park-like area, if Central Park were a mountain.  It hard to describe, but amazingly beautiful.  I have included a few pictures that partially capture our adventures.  For those of you that don't know, I have taken quite a liking to photography.  I'm no professional, but it is a fun and interesting hobby that Autumn and I enjoy.  There is a photography class on post that we hope to attend in the near future.
     I'll leave you here for now.  I will likely have more things to say in the upcoming weeks.  Right now, I'm still getting settled in at work and meeting as many people in the hospital as possible.  Until next time, take care and have a wonderful evening.

T. G. III
View from under the North Seoul Tower

View of North Seoul Tower from a distance

View of Seoul from inside the North Seoul Tower

1 comment:

  1. So glad to finally get your side of your adventure! Thanks for the great pictures and for taking such good care of my daughter! See you soon!

    ReplyDelete