Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Flower Class #1

Today I attended my first day of 'Flower School' at Soho & Noho!  It's a flower franchise though out Asia and maybe further, I'm not sure.  My teacher's name is Julie and she is just wonderful.  Very kind, patient and interested in making my experience in her shop, as well as in Korea, fun and memorable.  She describes their flowers as the 'Louis Vuitton' of the flower world!  The classes will go on for a total of nine weeks and then if I want to take more classes, I can take the intermediate course.  We'll see how I do at the beginner stage before making those plans!  Today we went over how to use Floral Form (Oasis) to make flower arraignments in a dome shape that might be used for a party centerpiece.  Next week I will learn how to use Floral Form in a different way.  Wish me luck!



Julie also invited me to stop by the shop anytime to see what they are working on and maybe have lunch. I think I'm really going to like her!








While out and about yesterday I bought a new hibiscus plant as well! It's so beautiful right now, I hope I can keep it looking just as great! This morning it had two open blooms on it...I took that to mean it was going to be a great day!



T.G. started another stretch of night shifts last night.  He is learning and doing a great job in the E.R. here!  I attended a Bridal Shower for one of the Medics he works with and they all spoke very highly of him!  Of course, as his wife, I am very proud!

Our apartment is coming together and really starting to feel like home!  Once we are able to recycle all of the boxes and paper on Wednesday it should feel very comfy!  Our kind realtor agent continues to check in with me and make sure all is well with the apartment and even brought us some loaner electrical transformers last night to make sure we are able to use all of our electronics from home.  You don't realize just how many there are until you have to convert them all!  It's crazy!  I think we now have a total of 8 converter boxes in use...geez!  

More to come later!



1 comment:

  1. Your flower arranging skills are amazing! Can't wait for you to come home and make me an arrangement!

    ReplyDelete